Friday, December 5, 2008

Grasping

Why is it that Christmastime doesn't seem nearly as magical now as it did when we were kids? I'm very excited for Christmas morning, but I'm more excited about the days leading up to Christmas. I want my boys to learn about what I feel Christmas is really about. I want them learn to enjoy the season, the shopping and giving to others, and I want them to feel peace. Do you think that's too much for a 4-yr old and a 1-yr old to grasp? Probably. 'Cuz I feel like I'm grasping at straws here. Mercury and I curl up on the couch with hot cocoa almost every night and watch a Christmas special on t.v. I love the time with just him. This is my favorite time of year. I just hope I can teach them to love it for the same reasons I do.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I'm working on just teaching my 4 year old that there is more to Christmas than presents. I don't know if it's working, but I am trying.

nikki

Labels

Powered By Blogger