Friday, October 31, 2008

You're Gonna Miss This







http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG9XfJxMY8A

I woke up with this stuck in my head today. I'm having a really hard time with Jupiter lately. I just don't understand him. Maybe it's a man thing. I've basically had to club him, and drug him to get him to agree to help me take the boys Trick or Treating tonight. Mercury is in this horrible phase where he just takes off at any given moment and Neptune will not hold my hand. So no way can I take both boys myself this year. And Jupiter has not gone ONCE. He's fighting me the whole way. And I just don't understand. He hardly spends any time with the boys. Yes they can be annoying. They don't listen, they fight, they break things, they talk back, but they are kids. I don't understand how he can not miss these things he's not doing with them. Maybe it's because I'm female, I don't know. But as trying as the boys can be and as much as they annoy me to no end some days, I can not imagine missing out on their lives. This in my mind is the best part of my life. This is what I've always wanted to do. How can he not enjoy it? I don't get it. But I know one thing. I'm gonna miss it. I already miss they babyness. I miss it I miss it I MISS IT! But I will not miss out on these things that are so important to my kids. I will be there for them and at least I will have the memories.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

That would drive me up the wall too. They should want to spend time with their children before they have grown into adults!

nikki

Super B's Mom said...

That song makes me cry every time I hear it - it is so true! Our babies grow up so fast and you want to treasure every second. Super B didn't want to hold my hand last night and it just broke my heart.

Sorry you had a rough time with Dad. It's really tough when they don't "get it" - just how important it is to make these memories while you can. Hope you're night turned out ok. Your boys are so adorable.

I had to laugh at your comment about B shooting the cat. I had to get on to him because it was 40 degrees outside and he was on the porch in his underwear!! haha

Labels

Powered By Blogger