Wednesday, January 21, 2009

He's 2



I can't believe my baby is 2 today. I love babies. I miss having a baby. But I love my boys. It melts my heart when Neptune looks at me and says, 'Pay (play), pweees (please) Mama.' How can you say no to that? He is such a sweetheart.


Looking back, I can't believe the ride we've been on to get here. The blood sugar problems. The breathing problems. The asthma. Him being sick and on antibiotics for over half his life so far. The being almost totally deaf. My boy is a fighter! He is no longer deaf, his hearing is perfect thanks to a wonderful dr. He can breathe and does not turn blue when I lay him down anymore, thanks to another wonderful dr. And he has only been on one antibiotic in the last...I can't even remember how many months. It used to be days. To this I thank God. My sick little boy who'd sleep in bed with me every night while Jupiter slept on the couch, just so I could listen and make sure he was still breathing, is a big healthy boy now. I thank everyone who's prayed for him during his surgeries and trips to the ER and blood work. And I thank God every day for giving Neptune to me. It's been a struggle at times, but we've made it. He's a *mostly* very healthy little boy and one of the two biggest joys of my life.


Happy Birthday Baby


2 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh he is so sweet. Gah, they grow up too fast don't they?

nikki

Super B's Mom said...

Happy Birthday Neptune!!!

Such a beautiful post, Mommy. :)

Labels

Powered By Blogger