Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Crazy Sets In

I'm not sure if this will even make sense.

I'm borderline (if that really exists) Bipolar. I'm on meds for it obviously. I started the meds just about a year ago, soon after Neptune was born. Well, Monday my body decided it didn't like the meds anymore. I got the dreaded "Lamictal Rash". Normally this happens when starting the meds or adjusting the dosage. But apparently I just have to be odd. Luckily my mother realized what it was when I called her and we got ahold of my dr and stopped the meds immediately. Here it is Thursday and I'm still covered in an itchy rash and the withdrawal is starting. I'm an emotional basket case. Luckily I have people around who will help me with my kids. I will have Neptune tonight. But Mercury, he will be with my parents. That one is so full of fire, I can not handle him when I'm like this. For some reason Neptune has a very calming effect on me though. I knew that there was such a thing as a "Lamictal Rash" and that it was or could be serious. But I had no idea how awful and nasty it would be. I thought I was in the clear. I have been doing a lot of reading the past few days. I think so far I've gotten off pretty easy with this withdrawal stuff. I'm not sure how long it lasts, but at least I'm not physically sick like some people get. Just a horrid headache. So lets hope the next time I get around to writing here I have less spots than I do now!

1 comment:

Violet said...

hope it doesn't get worse and you get thru this quickly

Labels

Powered By Blogger